Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 7:00 pm
Services Provided by the Town
Any dog age 4 months or older must have a license. The dog owner must provide proof of rabies and proof of altering (if applicable).
Original license may be applied for by coming in person with documents. Subsequent renewal forms are sent annually from NYS Agriculture and Markets, which can be processed in person or via mail. Any rabies expiring within thirty days from renewing licenses cannot be renewed without a new rabies certificate.
Dog License Fees
- $6.00 – altered
- $18.00 – unaltered
- $3.00 – replacement tag
- $5.00 – late renewal fee
- $30.00 – purebred license (up to 10 dogs plus the applicable NYS Animal Population Fund Surcharge)
- $60.00 – purebred license (11 to 25 dogs plus the applicable NYS Animal Population Fund Surcharge)
- $100.00 – purebred license (26 to 100 dogs plus the applicable NYS Animal Population Fund Surcharge)
Fees for Senior Citizens (65 and older)
- $3.50 – altered
- $10.50 – unaltered
Any person 16 years or older must obtain a fishing license. A New York State driver’s license is needed to prove residency. Licenses are valid for one year.
License year – October 1 through September 30
Hunting – small game, big game, muzzle loading requires a previous hunting license or hunter education certificate.
Trapping – trapping or junior trapping requires a previous trapping license or trapper education course.
Bow hunting – bow hunting or junior archery requires both hunting (see above) and bow hunting training.
Conservation Licenses – The fees for these licenses are set by New York State and vary depending on the particular license purchased. To obtain a resident hunting license, one must supply proof of hunter education and New York residency and pay the appropriate fee. Proof of residency is required
- NYS Residents are entitled to junior trapping, senior or individual resident licenses.
- Non-residents can purchase only non-resident licenses, except for junior archery and junior hunting licenses.
- Junior archery and junior hunting provide the same privilege at the same price to both residents and non-residents.
Hunting Fees – Residents
- $5.00 – Senior Sportsman age 70 or military disability* (40% or greater)
- $5.00 – Senior Fishing age 70 or military disability* (40% or greater)
- $26.00 – Small Game
- $29.00 – Small and Big Game
- $21.00 – Trapping
- $21.00 – Bowhunting (Big Game License required)
- $21.00 – Muzzle loading (Big Game License required)
- $47.00 – Sportsman (small game, big game and fishing)
- $88.00 – Super Sportsman (small game, big game, fishing, muzzle, bow and turkey)
- $6.00 – Jr. Trapping (under 16 years old)
- $9.00 – Jr. Archery (14 – 15 years old)
- $5.00 – Jr. Small Game (12 – 15 years old)
- $5.00/lost stamp – Lost License
Hunting Fees – Non-Residents
- $85.00 – Small Game
- $140.00 – Big Game (Deer Only)
- $140.00 – Bowhunting
- $140.00 – Muzzle loading
- $50.00 – Bear tag (Big Game/Bowhunting/Muzzle loading or a Commercial License required)
- $280.00 – Combination (Small & big game, fishing, bowhunting muzzle loading, and turkey permit)
For complete list of fees go to www.dec.state.ny
A couple must apply together, in person with one of:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal record
- Naturalization record
- Census record
AND one of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Employment picture ID
- Immigration record
If this is not your first marriage, you must also supply a certified copy of a death certificate if the marriage ended due to death or a certified copy of the divorce decree of certification or dissolution of marriage.
Fees and Requirements
- 24 hour waiting period
- License if valid for 60 days beginning the day after it is issued
- $40.00 license fee
- $10.00 for certified copy of license
These requirements are per the NYS Department of Health, Vital Records Section.
Please contact the Clerk’s office to make an appointment to obtain your marriage license.
A solicitors license is required for any person within the town jurisdiction acting as a peddler, vendor or solicitor.
- copy of driver’s license
- name and description of applicant
- address of applicant (local and legal)
- name of firm or company where employed
- address of firm or company
- description of motor vehicle used along with license number
- brief description of nature of business and goods or property to be peddled
- date and length of time desired for license
- $10.00 each additional person
- Peddler and Solicitor Permit
Games of Chance, Bingo, Bell Jar and Raffles
License required for organizations operating games. You must first apply to New York State for a license number. For more information and forms, visit: New York State Racing and Wagering
Town & County Tax Payment Instructions
January 1 – January 31:
Pay total amount of tax bill to Teressa M. Morasco, Collector 3833 West Main St. Rd. Batavia NY 14020.
February 1 – March 31:
Pay total tax amount plus interest to Teressa M. Morasco, Collector 3833 West Main St. Rd. Batavia NY 14020.
After March 31:
Pay total plus interest to Genesee County Treasurer, County Building #1, 15 Main St. Batavia NY 14020.
At the end of December the Town/County tax bills are mailed out. For property owners whose taxes are in escrow, bills may be forwarded directly to appropriate lending institutions
Payment schedule information is contained on each bill. Payments may be made via mail or in person at the Town Clerk/Tax Collectors Office in the Town Hall during regular business hours
Handicapped Parking Permit
This form must be filled out by the physician and his/her signature must appear on the application. Length of time the permit is needed is also provided by the physician.
An applicant can obtain a temporary or permanent parking permit as indicated by the physician. No fee is involved. One permit is issued per person.
Handicapped Parking Permits must be applied for in the Township you reside.
A Fill Permit is needed to dump fill on property. Completed application must be submitted to the Town Clerk, 3833 West Main Street Road, Batavia, New York.
All building permits need to go thru the Building & Zoning Department
Every town is required to have a Town Clerk (Town Law, §20). The Town Clerk performs many important administrative duties on behalf of the state and town government. The Town Clerk’s office is frequently considered the center of town government. The Town Clerk serves residents directly through the issuance of licenses and records management. In addition, the Town clerk serves the Town Board as the recording secretary of town board meetings.
Freedom of Information Law
The Freedom of Information Law provides rights of access to records reflective of governmental decisions and policies that affect the lives of every New Yorker. However an agency does not have to create a new document in order to provide the individual the requested information.
A Records Access application is filled out by the individual requesting the information. If possible you should supply dates, titles, file designations, or any other information that will help find the requested records.
Within 5 business days of the receipt of written request for a record reasonable described, the agency must make the record available, deny access in writing giving the reasons for denial, or furnish the written acknowledgement of receipt of the request and a statement of the approximate date when the request will be granted or denied.
Copies – $0.25 per page
A fee for copy of other records may be charged based upon the actual cost of reproduction.
Requesting and Obtaining Records via Email
The Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) (NYS Public Officers Law, Sec. 87, Article 6) assures the public’s right to obtain government documents and records. FOIL requests must be in writing and must contain the date, a clear description of the information being requested, the requestor’s name and mailing address, and the number of copies requested.
Get a “PUBLIC INFORMATION REQUEST” fill-in form in PDF
FOIL requests may be e-mailed: email@example.com or USPS mail or hand-delivered to:
Town of Batavia
3833 West Main Street Road
Batavia, New York 14020